Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Good Day!

Hope all of you had a great Fourth of July extended weekend!!!  A few thoughts on the economy and the politics as we head into the second half of 2011.

1)       The economy is probably in better shape than the Republicans want to admit and in worse shape than the Democrats are communicating.  My thought is that if you are an independent, then you probably have the most realistic viewpoint.  Anecdotally, it appears to me that the economy is growing and not shrinking.  Every time I am out and about, restaurants are full and stores are busy.  Listening to CNBC this morning, one of the commentators saidif Europe was hurting or was truly concerned about an impending financial crisis, he certainly did not see it when he was in Paris.  Again, this is anecdotal.  (I do not wish to play the flute of “everything is great” when I know some folks cannot make ends meet.)   I know from other reports that businesses are stockpiling cash uncertain of the governmental mood rather than of the economic future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment