Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy HUMP-DAY

Yea....The week's half way complete!
So what's on the doc-it for today? Well it was a good day to lock in the rate. LeaderOne Financial has the lowest mortgage rates in Overland Park, but today, rates went up all across the board.
However, when people talk about mortgage rates and yes, so many people love to talk about mortgage rates b/c they're so fun they usually discus only the negative " rates are going up, rates are going up" Well yes, the rates are going up. BUT, to put things into perspective, mortgage rates in Kansas and Missouri are at 5.0%!!! This is still lower than a year ago, and yes still lower than the early 2000's. I'm just saying that people shouldn't panic about rates moving over the 5% mark. Okay enough about the LeaderOne and Home Loans......

....So I went to my usual Wednesday networking group, Breakfast At Eight Club and hoped to listen to a very informative discussion about commercial real estate. Instead, the speaker read a three page, self-typed publication about the Mayor Mark Funkhouser. Not too many people really paid attention, and I was left a little disappointed.

So, I'm not sure if I told anyone this oh wait i think i have one follower, but my friends and I all become hockey fans (Blackhawk fans to be exact) over night. Dont ask me how, but I have no clue why this came about, since none of my friends play hockey or even watched it before last week. Now, one of my friends, Jacob Tunnel, is buying Blackhawk merchandise on ebay. Exhibit A.) Chicago t-shirts. Exhibit B.) starter jackets..... Exhibit C.) I just bought an old-school SEGA Genesis just so I can play NHL '95 Probably the best game ever made

I don't really know what the point of this was, but I'm about to leave work to throw back a couple of cold ones and watch my new favorite hockey team, The Chicago Blackhawks.

1 comment: